Font APEX or Font Awesome - which one to use?

With new release of Oracle APEX, we have choice of using either Font APEX or Font Awesome. I really like both the option, but what I do not understand is difference between Font APEX and Font Awesome.

So, this blog is rather more questionable to readers. I would like to know your expert knowledge on following.

  • What is difference between Font APEX and Font Awesome.
  • Which is superior, Font APEX or Font Awesome.
  • What is the future of Font APEX.
  • What is the future of Font Awesome with Oracle APEX.
I have seen that, when I use Font APEX, many of my icons does not renders. They works fine when I use Font Awesome icon library. Few such examples below:
  • fa-pinterest
  • fa-instagram
As a developer, I would really like to know which library I should use. I would like all of you to share your knowledge about using Font APEX or Font Awesome.

I hope to get some useful comments from all of you and that will be useful information to other readers :-)

Regards,
Jaydip Bosamiya
jbosamiya@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Font APEX is proprietary to Oracle, it has more icons that you can find with Fond Awesome especially when i comes to customisation of your icons. Font APEX would go hand in had with Oracle apex releases as compare with Font Awesome. They are independent libraries now also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It would be great if you can also share the customization of Font APEX icon and its usability.

      Delete
  2. Hi do you know how to add font awesome library in oracle apex application using shared componant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My photo
Jaydip Bosamiya
I am Oracle APEX Consultant, Blogger and Integrator. All-rounder in building small, medium and enterprise applications. Extensive knowledge in various area of web-driven applications in Back-end (PL/SQL, SQL, Java), Front-end (Oracle APEX, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, jQuery, OracleJET, ReactJS), RESTful APIs, Third-party library integrations (Apex Office Print (AOP), Payment Gateways, Syncfusion, HighCharts) and APEX Plugins (HighChart, StarRating)

Popular posts from this blog

Oracle APEX - Interactive Report - Scrollbars on Top

How to create your own customized nested report regions using jQuery

Oracle APEX - Build Your Own Enhanced Nested Report